Wednesday, March 24, 2010

St.Patty's Day Socks

Better late than never!! In fact, I'm impressed I got them done before the end of March!! These are gorgeous shades of green and yellow, and you can't see it, but the yarn has gold sparklies mixed in. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day Socks!! The pattern is an altered version of the Waving Lace Socks from the Interweave book Favorite Socks! I love anklet socks...and I love how quick they knit up, even on size US one needles!!

I'm already working on another pair!! I'm trying to keep myself calm as I pack up everything for the show on Friday!! The art hanging is tomorrow, and I'm trying not to get stressed out because my Lupus always flares up if I do. So this year, I'm being careful to get lots of sleep, rest, and knitting inbetween baking my four loaves of banana bread and double batch of homemade chex-mix!

I needed something to match the outfit I picked out for the show. Oh how nice it would be to go shopping and buy something new!! Maybe next year!! But I did knit a new headband that will match with my dress! I made a couple of these for Twilight last year. It's a fabulous pattern called Bamboozled by Half-assed Patterns. It's a great knit! It's done in a way that it's rounded and fitted to one's head, and it can be done in an afternoon. This one is done out of Sugar 'n Cream color Sage.


These are the two I made for Twilight. One in cotton and one in a wool tweed. You can make them with ties on each end...or sew the ends together to make a solid stretchy band.

No comments: