Monday, May 31, 2010

Nasty Nasty Flare

Saturday, May 29th, I was feeling awesome!! I got my laundry done, got paperwork taken care of, did some shopping, did a 30 minute work out on the ellipitical machine, took a nap just as the doctor ordered...and felt on top of the world. In fact, so much so that Daniel said he was concerned.

Sure enough, he was right. I woke up Sunday May 30th at 2:30 in the morning gripped by a extremely nasty flare. Every fiber of my being....and I mean every cell, was in pain. I spent the night trying to gingerly change potions in bed to find comfort. I had a fever, and my every inch of my skin was super sensitive, and anything that touched me caused pain. I didn't sleep for more than 15 to 30 minutes at a time before the pain would wake me up again. I watched the clock all night...hopin D could get some sleep so he could be my support in the morning.

I spent all day Sunday in physical agony. Peeing hurt...wiping with toilet paper hurt...putting on deodrant... the contact with my underarms made me scream. My kidneys felt swollen and I had reoccurring stabs of pain through my lungs, both from the front and from the back. The glands in my throat/neck were swollen. I couldn't stand up straight. The pressure in my left temple was enough to make me fantasize about taking a drill to my head. I tried really hard not to cry when I had to move because I knew that would only make my head hurt worse. I took massive amounts of sleep aids, trying to bring about unconsciousness...and they barely worked. I couldn't believe my pain was keeping me awake.

Today, Monday, May 31st, has been better. My head hurts much less, and my skin isn't as sensitive, and my fever is lower. But I still have a non-stop, gripping, clenching pain in my major joints. My neck, shoulders, back and hips are the worst. I've been striving today for the right combination of resting still, and moving around enough to keep the joints from seizing up. I feel pissed off at my doctor....that I have nothing for pain except Tylenol! Which, I haven't even taken today because of the way my kidneys have been hurting. What's the freakin point?? The pain just doesn't let up!!! I've tried alot of my meditation exercises, and they do help for a little while, but it's like sleep and only lasts for a few minutes at a time.

I've been doing alot of little "pieces" for my current art project while I'm in bed...and Big D has been playing a great story on disk for me on the sterio... it helps to have distractions. One more note is that I haven't had any Olfactory Hallucinations leading up to or during this flare so far. Twilight just called and asked me, so I thought I'd better include that in my documentation. Oh and maybe I should say too, that my cognitive functions have been relatively high compared to some flares. My speach has remained pretty good, with good sentence structure and minimum stuttering or stammering.

More update soon

1 comment:

Twilight said...

I wish I could do something to help! Love you!