Friday, November 5, 2010

Foot Stools

My loving husband and I have spent the last few winters sitting around the woodstove on our upside down milk crates. I've used old milk crates for absolutely everything, but I felt it was time for something a little more sophisticated....but not more expensive!! Again, recycled sweaters!! I cut pads to fit the top out of an old foam mattress pad thingy. I covered the crate with a linen/tweed fabric, and covered the top with pieces of sweaters I scored from the freebox.

His and her footstools!!

Again, I'm totally happy with how these turned out! Everyone has ooohhed and aahhhed over them. And they're still old milk crates!! LOL, but now they're really very comfortable!
A close up shot of the sweater being sewed onto the top.

My husband isn't always the best at noticing the new touches I add to the yurt, but he noticed these right away and was raving about how great they are and how much better they are with 3 layers of padding!!

No comments: