Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back 2010

I'm really happy about how I finished out 2010.
It began with a nasty Lupus Flare; and we had to face the fact the treatment I had been on through 2008 and 2009 wasn't working anymore. We struggled with reoccurring flares for the following 7 months, kept under semi-control with high doses of prednisone and plaquenil. I suffered through brain inflamation that terrified me and my whole family. And finally in August, I was approved for the Genentech program that paid for me to begin the CellCept treatment. The 3 month adjustment period was also nasty. 3 months of depression, extreme mood swings, and insomnia; coupled with diarrhea and vomiting.

But all of that seems to have subsided, and I came to the end of 2010 feeling really really good! I've been able to maintain my weight between 140 and 150 lbs. I became, and have successfully stayed, a Non-Smoker. ( not even a single puff from a cigerette, I'm so proud) I have maintained my Yoga and exercise programs, and have increased my flexibility, and strength... and decreased the amount of pain I have in my joints. And I've been fairly good about keeping my diet healthy with organic foods and supplements.

It was a great year artistically, and a great year for forward progress on the home front. It was a great year for strengthing friendships, and family. My husband and I are still madly in love and loving our life together. My children are all moving forward in their lives and doing their very best. I'm so proud of them all.

I look forward to what 2011 brings us, no matter how tough. Here's to another year of loving, comforting, and supporting one another through it all. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: