It's a little hard to see, but I used a varigated mohair boucle in the stripes of this one. You can see the purple shiny spots. It gave it a yummy texture!!
This one is different because I used an acrylic based yarn in the alternating stripes of pure wool and it had a very cool effect!!
I like the effect of striping with solids and varigated colors.
Because I started and ended with the acrylic yarn, it did the neat little roll at the front and back. This was Polli's favorite one, and since it didn't technically count as pure wool for the festival....I let her have it. It looked just too good on her! I've learned alot in just 3 hats....I have some more ideas I'd like to try.