Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Purse? Hat?

This is from one of my favorite books "The Second Treasury of Magical Knitting" by Cat Bordhi, who is heroess to me and many many! It's called the Tentacle Bag. I've been keeping this on my list for a few years now. But time is getting near for the Taos Wool Festival, and I really wanted something new and fun for me to wear. This is a mobius version that has another inside pocket and does a funky twisty thing. I've done alot of moebius knitting in the past, and now I like to save it for objects or gifts when it has a spiritual meaning or purpose, or for a knitting mediation exercise.
So I set out to create my own pattern, inspired completely by my guru Cat Bordhi, for a new funky purse!! I followed the "spirit" of her instructions...not decreasing at regular intervals, and making each tentacle a different size. (this would make Twi crazy, he he he) It differs from Cat's version because it is not a moebius knit and it does not have a second inside pouch.


I apologize for the terrible quality of the next two pics, but they're all I got before it was felted.

Each tentacle, as well as each strap is it's own little pocket to keep pens, lipgloss, and keys in!!

Felting Day!!! I threw it into the washing machine and Tadaa!! I have a new Purse!! I mean Hat!!! Purse? Hat?

I think it suites me!!!

No comments: