Thursday, October 15, 2009

Suri Dreams

I just finished another hug shrug as a Christmas gift for someone special! This great pattern came from Ravelry. Then I used the left over yarn (I bought an extra ball) for a pair of leg warmers. I made these with the hand-dyed Suri Dream, an Alpaca yarn from KnitPicks. This colorway is called "Tiramisu". Both projects used a total of 3 balls. Now, if you haven't tried this yarn yet, I have to say "Just Do It". It's fabulously light and soft. Not even a smidgeon of scratchy and it's just delightful to knit. Wearing it is like have an almost invisible shield of warm against your skin.
The legwarmers. I sewed on the tops of worn out thigh high stockings to give them stay-up power. And then the nylon part I tossed into my candle making supplies! Old nylons are the very best for polishing candles to give them a professional look. I'm always looking for ways to keep my winter layers looking sexy, and I think this works!!



No comments: